Enjoy This Green Dish on St. Patrick’s Day
St Patrick’s Day is almost here – and that means everyone will throw on green t-shirts, red wigs, and enjoy all things green. To go with St. Patrick’s Day, we wanted to share a delicious and healthy recipe with you. When complete, it’s a green delight! Try this pea pesto pasta this St. Patrick’s Day.
- 1 1/2 cups packed basil
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1 cup green peas
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 medium lemon, juiced (~2 Tbsp or 30 ml per lemon)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 ounces pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed arugula
- Fill a large saucepan 3/4 full with water, salt generously, and bring to a boil.
- In the meantime, prepare pesto. To a food processor, add basil, parsley, peas, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice, and sea salt. Mix to combine. While the machine is running, stream in olive oil through the spout.
- Next add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package instructions. Drain when noodles are ‘al dente’ and still have a slight bite to them.
- Heat a large saucepan or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, or until the garlic is fragrant but not yet browned.
- Turn off heat and remove skillet from burner, then add cooked pasta and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a serving platter or mixing bowl and add 3/4 of pea pesto and the arugula. Toss to combine.
- Serve warm.
We hope that you enjoyed this recipe and have a safe St. Patrick’s Day. When looking for your next insurance policy, let us help. At Artisan Insurance Solutions, we can help you get started on the right insurance policy that you need and deserve. Give us a call on (909) 275-7557 today to get started.