Finding the Right Builder’s Risk Insurance
When you are about to embark on a building project, whatever the size, insuring yourself correctly can mean the difference between maintaining financial stability or falling into financial ruin. Most of us don’t have the luxury of time to understand builder’s risk insurance in Los Angeles from the inside out. Even so, it’s important not to get overwhelmed with this coverage and forego insurance altogether – which can be a devastating mistake.
Considering the many things that can befall your project during the course of construction, it is pertinent to know your cost both hard and soft so that your policy can accurately cover them. A few factors to consider when acquiring proper coverage includes:
- Insurance limits and deductibles
- Additional coverage available such as wind, hail, hurricane, and storm
- Coverage specifically for foundation cracks and shifting
- Basic policy inclusions
- Policy exclusions (such as mold, pollution, settling, insect or rodent damage)
- After policy construction issues such as defects or warranty issues
- The ratings of an insurance company
Generally, policies come to term when the project has come to completion. However, some insurance companies vary on what they consider completed. Be sure to talk to your insurance agent so that you understand what your policy includes.
Begin your project knowing that you have the right builder’s risk insurance in hand. This policy can help step in to cover you and the project should anything go south. At Artisan Insurance Solutions, we can help you get started on the right builder’s risk insurance policy that you need and deserve. Give us a call on (909) 275-7557 today to get started.
Leave A Comment