Warm Up This Winter with This Healthy Curry Recipe
The New Year is here already! How are your resolutions going? Whether you’re looking to lose weight and save money by cooking in more, then this recipe is just for you. This chickpea curry is easy to make and will warm you up on those winter nights. Check out the recipe below!
- 1 (15-ounce can) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 small eggplants or 1 big one
- 1/2 big onion diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup coconut milk canned (or light coconut milk)
- 1-2 tbsp curry powder
- 1-2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (optional)
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooked rice of choice
- spinach or fresh coriander for serving
- Chop the eggplant and onion into small pieces and heat a little oil (or water) in a pan over medium heat. Add onion and eggplant and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes. Add the garlic.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and add them to the pan.
- Add coconut milk, spices + salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Serve your curry with cooked rice of choice. Decorate with either spinach or fresh coriander. Enjoy!
Did you try this healthy recipe in the new year? Let us know! At Artisan Insurance Solutions, we can help you get started on the right insurance policy that you need and deserve. Give us a call on (909) 275-7557 today to get started.