Protect Your Plumbing Business with Quality Insurance
Plumbing can be a messy business. Fixing busted pipes, unclogging toilets, and crawling into small spaces are only a few of the on-the-job risks. However, it can be rewarded in many ways and is worth protecting. To help you protect yourself, your business, and wallet, take a look at what plumbing insurance in Los Angeles, CA can do for you.
What is it?
Plumbing insurance is a certain type of coverage that can protect you, your business, and employees from any mishaps that may occur as a result of day-to-day operations.
What does it cover?
For small to midsized plumbing companies, standard forms of coverage are usually bundled into a business owners policy (BOP), but you will need additional standalone policies to protect yourself from unique risks.
A BOP will typically include the following:
- General liability – Protects against lawsuits related to injury/property damage that you cause to a business or another person
- Property insurance – Covers damage to your building or equipment on your property
- Business income insurance – Covers up to a year of loss of income due to any insured property loss
Depending on your business’s risk, consider adding these standalone policies:
- Commercial auto insurance – This covers any damage to your vehicles you or your employees use on the job.
- Inland marine insurance – This protects your property, equipment, and tools moving between job sites and the business.
- Workers’ compensation insurance – Covers employees’ medical costs, lost wages, permanent disability, and death benefits that result from a workplace illness or injury.