Get the right insurance for your tree trimming business to protect the workers who are literally out on a limb!
As the owner of a tree trimming business, you understand just how much risk you and your workers face on a day to day basis. Not only do you have to worry about potential employee injuries, but you also need to be wary about accidental third-party damages and injuries that could result from your work. For all the risks that you and your workers face, here’s what you need to know about getting the right insurance for your tree trimming business.
Who Needs This Coverage?
Contractors or businesses that are involved in the following activities need to secure specialty tree trimming insurance coverages:
- Tree trimming
- Tree removal
- Tree hardscaping
- Tree pest control
- Municipal tree care and maintenance
As previously mentioned, businesses involved in the care and maintenance of trees face considerable risk. Some of the major threats that you and your workers are subject to include:
- Theft: Such as theft of your commercial equipment, vehicles, or other business property.
- Damage: Such as damages to your clients’ or third-party property, or damages to your business’s own property and equipment.
- Injury/Illness: Such as injuries or illnesses sustained by your own workers, or the injuries and illness that your work might inadvertently cause to others.
- Auto Accidents: Any accidents that you or your workers get into during the course of business operations.
- Malfunction: Any malfunctions or breakdowns of your company’s tools or equipment.
- Negligence: Any damages, injuries, or illnesses caused by a mistake in your professional services.
Securing the Coverage that You Need
While there isn’t technically special arborist insurance on the market, you can still secure the right coverages to mitigate your tree trimming business’s risks. For instance, securing the right general liability, business property, workers compensation, and equipment breakdown insurance will offer you the coverage that you need. Additionally, there are many other commercial insurance options available that can be specifically tailored to address your business’s unique needs. To find out how you can get the right coverage for your business, you should speak to a trusted insurance provider today.
This is what you need to know about getting the right insurance for your tree trimming business. Interested in speaking to an insurance agency that specializes in securing the right coverage for contractors and small businesses in specialized industries? Then contact the experts at Artisan Insurance Solutions for assistance today.